This past weekend I sent out customer appreciation gifts to all customers who have used my pet sitting service at least twice in the past 2 years. (If you have been reading my blog for a few weeks you should be catching on that I do most of these types of tasks on the weekend!).
I sent out a postcard with a short note expressing how much we appreciate their support of our business with a Ziploc bag filled with gourmet cat and/or dog treats for their pets. I used store bought Mother Hubbard’s oven baked dog biscuits and Whiskas crunchy cat treats as I was pressed for time. These types of small gifts remind customers of your service and let them know that you are thinking of them. I also wrote on the card that we look forward to visiting their pets the next time that they travel.
The customer appreciation gift is just one way in which you can use recipes for tasty pet treats to market your business. I had some other ideas for using them to add pizzazz to other marketing efforts:
1) Bake goodies to give away at expos or booths at pet events. Label with you business information and contact details.
2) Put together a book of recipes for customers and leave out at your office location for them to pick up. Make sure you put your logo and business info in the book to keep your name in front of them and to advertise if they give the book away or lend it out to friends.
3) Add recipes to your customer newsletters
4) Bake a birthday cake for your doggie customer’s special day
5) Hold a puppy party to bring customers together to celebrate a major event or business anniversary celebration. Have cakes and cookies for the dogs to enjoy.
6) Add baked cookies and treats to the products that you sell to customers and let them place orders with you for their pets.