In my recent survey several of you expressed interest in learning more about getting a website online to market your pet business. My website has been one of my best marketing tools – I always ask new clients where they found me and most of the time I hear that they found me online.
A website gives you a great opportunity to educate prospective customers about your service and tell them why you are a good fit to care for their pets. A good website will differentiate you from your competitors and make your customers choice easy.
There are several essential pages that you need on your site to make a good case:
1) An about you page
2) A testimonial page
3) A page that explains how your service works
4) A page that explains your rates
5) A page that explains your policies
It is also a great idea to have a page where they can make a reservation online. This way you capture their information instantly and can give them a call to discuss the details.
I have two articles that I’ve written for this blog that will give you more help with your website:
Another resource I can offer you is a new teleclass by Karen Greenstreet called “Creating Small Business Websites That Grab Attention” that begins on July 17th. I enjoy reading her newsletter each week and she gives some good advice. Her class runs for 6 weeks covers the following topics:
- What makes a good web site design that’s both appealing and usable, while accomplishing your marketing goals at the same time.
- What visitors really want to find when they visit your website
- How to choose effective page layouts and colors for your site.
- The keys to powerful website text that sells your products and services.
- How to critique websites (including your own!) in order to apply this knowledge to your own website.
- How to effectively market your website to get more traffic to it.
- Which website statistics are important to track for the success of your business.
- What to look for in a website designer.
Karen will be recording the class so you can listen to the calls when it fits your schedule. I spent too much money hiring a designer to put together my website when I first launched my pet sitting business. I wish I had invested some of that money in a class like Karen’s!