What do you love about owning dogs? The American Pet Products Manufacturers Association® (APPMA) gives the top 14 reasons why people enjoy owning a dog.
- Many pet owners believe dogs are convenient and easy to maintain
- Owners enjoy entering dog shows
- Canines make great farm dogs and help with cattle
- Dogs are fun to watch and have in the household
- Dogs are a good way to teach kids responsibility
- Dogs are good for our health and help us to live longer
- Owners enjoy hunting with dogs
- Dogs keep undesirable animals away
- Dogs are like children or family members
- Dogs provide therapy/assistance to handicapped or elderly people
- Dogs provide relaxation and relieve stress.
- Dogs provide security
- Dogs make excellent walking, exercising or jogging partners
- Dogs provide companionship, love and company
I’m sure there are plenty of other great reasons. The eternal smile on my Lab Tanner’s face always gives me a lift – his picture is at the top of this post. Leave a comment and tell me about the reasons you love your dogs.