Next Tuesday night I am going to be interviewing Therese Kopiwoda from PetSitUSA.com for our monthly Circle of Pet Sitting Excellence member call. As well as having her own successful blog, Therese also markets her services as a Social Media Expert and Consultant and helps others set up their own pet sitting blog.
On our call here are the questions that we will be discussing:
- What are some of the reasons that you think that pet sitters should use a blog to promote their business?
- What are some of the benefits of having a blog?
- There are many different blog software programs – why do you use and recommend WordPress?
- Do you recommend that pet sitters set up a new domain for their blog – or tie it into their pet sitting website?
- Which hosting services make it simple to set up a WordPress blog?
- How do you customize a WordPress blog?
- Are there any WordPress plugins that you use and recommend?
- What are the best ways to promote a new blog?
- How do you connect you blog to Facebook and Twitter to make the most of your posts and raise awareness of your blog?
- Do you have any suggestions for pet sitters who say they can’t think of what to write on their blog?
- What type of blog posts do you find are most popular or attract the most comments?
If you have been thinking about setting up your own pet sitting blog – or have a blog but want to know the best ways to market your blog and get more reader interaction, then don’t miss our call. At the end of our call all listeners will have the chance to ask Therese their blogging questions and get her advice for way below her normal consulting charges!
Sign up to join us as a member of the Circle of Pet Sitting Excellence to get the call details and access over 12 months of recorded past calls, special reports, and pet care articles that you can use on your own blog.
If you have questions for Therese that you would like answered on the call but can’t make it live please leave them as a comment and I’ll be sure to ask them for you next Tuesday.
Here are your 7 quick Thursday tips for finding fresh ideas for your blog posts:
- Read magazines – magazines are great for spinning information in a million different ways. Reading industry magazines will help you tap into the general public’s awareness and will help you come up with unique and fresh ways to look at ideas.
- Read other blogs – other blogs in your industry or complimentary industries will help you generate fresh ideas for your own blog. You may decide to elaborate on a post written by someone else or take an opposing position.
- Read industry publications – online publications like newsletters, whitepapers, case studies and the like are a great way to stay informed. You can write content about the data and information presented in these documents which helps establish your credibility and authority, it provides value and it helps generate a continuous stream of useful content.
- Have a brainstorming/planning session – sometimes just letting go of all the outside distractions and allowing yourself to think out of the box can generate hundreds of new and unique blog post ideas. Set time aside to brainstorm.
- Pay attention to forums and chat rooms – discussions on industry forums and chat rooms often generate some controversy but they also present new ideas, questions and room for elaboration on points you find to be valid or interesting. Use these sites to help you generate fresh content.
- FAQs – what questions do you commonly hear from others? These make for great blog posts.
- Ask your readers what they want to know – If you don’t know what to write about, ask your readers what they want to know.